May 26th, 2018 - Free Community Event!
We're taking this weekend to say a big thank-you to our local heroes! We'll be hosting many of our local heroes at the Farm on Saturday to highlight all they do for our community. Bring out your family to learn more about our firefighters, police, first responders, veterans & active-duty military.
All of our local heroes will be treated to a FREE donut & Coffee!
Admission is FREE for everyone in the community! Enjoy our wagon rides, cow-train rides, nature trail, corn crib, playground, tire climb, duck races, pedal karts & bounce pad & NEW pony hops for FREE! Most importanly, don't forget to say thank-you to our Hometown Heroes!
May 26th, Tentitive Schedule of Events
- Meet with Firefighters from the Columbia Township Fire Department! Get an up close look at a Fire Truck & take a look at their gear that they use to protect themselves.
- Meet with the Bangor Fire department firefighters and say hello to their mascot, Sparky!
- Meet with Van Buren County Sheriff's Department Deputy Mohney! He'll be around to answer all your questions, shake your hand & give you a sneak peak at his Cruiser!
- Visit with those from our local American Legion & watch a Salute to Veterans (Presentation TBA)
- NEW this year! Hometown Heroes mini float parade. Please see below for guidelines & registration information (11am)
- "Remembering our Military Heroes," by Greg Myrkle (1pm inside Farm Market)
- The 13 folds of the American Flag (2pm inside Farm Market)
- All Hometown Hereos will be treated to a FREE donut & FREE Coffee!
- Admission to the Fun Farm Yard is FREE all day to everyone in the community!
Hazel's Kitchen will be open all weekend long.
Serving breakfast from 8am - 11am and lunch from 11am - 4pm.
Try our delicious sandwiches, salads, wraps, burgers & more!
For Dessert, we've got homemade pies, fresh fried donuts, old-fashioned fudge, jumbo muffins, Sherman's ice cream & more!
Quench your thirst with a Fresh-Squeezed Lemonade or delicious, fruity slushy!
Hometown Heroes Mini Float Parade Guidelines & Registration Information
Decorate wagon or any other non-motorized item and show it off in our parade!
Parade starts promptly at 11am. Please arrive no later than 10:30am and check in inside the farm market
Three local heroes will make up our panel to determine the winner
The winner will receive a season pass for the whole family
- You must pre-register to participate in the Parade (most information to come)